? Givng up !

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: ? Givng up !

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Butch, I don't believe you have said exactly where you are, or your plane assembly will be, in PA. It is a big place. I know some people, but if your in Erie and they are in Schwenksville, they're not driving 6 hours to help.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
butchpilot170

Post by butchpilot170 »

Hi Bruce ! I'm from near Indiana , Pa. (IDI ) but am residing a good bit in my wife's N.J. This (W. PA.)is a good area for decent A&P and IA's and aviators in general . I have never had to shop till I drop for maintenance . I'm in shock , I guess , at getting this done now. With all of your help and ideas I might be able to make this happen. later, Butch !
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

We have a member, Jack Zimmer, who has a '48 and based last I checked at Jimmy Stewart (IDI). Jack is not a mechanic but he knows people in the area. He and his wife Trish are both members who have served the Association in many capacities over the years. Jack was just about to get his '48 in the air about a year ago when he suffered a stroke. He's on the mend and was doing well at convention considering. I'd look him up in the directory and give him a call and pick his brain for people who might help you in the area.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Jack; fantastic member, that's a resource waiting to be tapped.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
butchpilot170

Post by butchpilot170 »

I'm glad to hear that Jack and Trish Zimmer are so highly thought of . I've known him for a long time . He would love to see a bunch of 170's show up for the Jimmy Stewart Canteen brunches starting in April (once a month). the ButchPilot !
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

butchpilot170 wrote:I'm glad to hear that Jack and Trish Zimmer are so highly thought of . I've known him for a long time . He would love to see a bunch of 170's show up for the Jimmy Stewart Canteen brunches starting in April (once a month). the ButchPilot !
Don't let Jack know that we all love him! He'll get a swelled-head for sure!

Trish... it's OK to tell her tho'. :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)