And yet another new guy!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

vaflyer

And yet another new guy!

Post by vaflyer »

Just purchased N2266D from Ian at ECG. Currently hangared at PVG in Chesapeake, VA. I'll also be using it to go to my grass strip in West Virginia (WV77) and also eventually for tail wheel instruction. Joined the 170 Association at Air Venture this summer. I have been "in the hunt" for a 170 for a few years. I've wanted to get back into tail wheel flying and the 170 is such a great airplane (love the look of the tail). Anyway, I'm thinking of setting up a 170 fly in to my airport in WV. Nothing huge, just regional folks that would like to meet and maybe camp for a weekend. Not sure how to proceed with this and looking for suggestions.
bagarre

Re: And yet another new guy!

Post by bagarre »

Welcome to the club and congratulations on the new 170!

A 170 fly in would be a lot of fun (if I had a flying 170).
I think the easiest way is to post about it here as well as on Facebook, there is a 170 group with a LOT of followers.
You could put something in the newsletter about it as well and just post flyers at local airports.

Cheers,
-David
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

Welcome! I've been under the care of N2256D since I was six months old. I've always wanted to see 66D. I'm located in central NC, 7NM northeast of GSO at a field called Air Harbor (W88). Definitely interested in meeting new 170 folks!
vaflyer

Post by vaflyer »

I like to see 56D. We'll have to get together sometime and get a picture of the two of them together! As to the fly in I don't want to do something that steps on the toes of the 170 Association. So I'm think if I post it as a "get together" and not a sanctioned event then that would be O.K. Thoughts?
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Mike-
You are now a part of the 170 Association, welcome aboard! Members are encouraged to host fly-ins and get-togethers at times and places of your choice. There is no issue with stepping on the association's toes so feel free to schedule and plan your fly-in. Be sure to announce it here on the Forums and send in a write-up to Jan at Headquarters with enough prior notice so she can post the invitation in the Flypaper or 170 News. The publication deadline is usually the 10th of the month prior to issue.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
vaflyer

Post by vaflyer »

Thanks for the info Richard!