Avionics Topics

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

Avionics Topics

Post by MoonlightVFR »

What is the best forum to inquire. share information about avionics in our C 170s?

The Pilot lounge or The hanger?
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
canav8

Re: Avionics Topics

Post by canav8 »

My vote is for the Hangar
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Avionics Topics

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

MoonlightVFR wrote:What is the best forum to inquire. share information about avionics in our C 170s?

The Pilot lounge or The hanger?
If you are a perfectionist, and you wanted to brag about how your avionics gismo is so cool because it works better than all others even when there is no power applied and is likely better than all the other lounge lizzard's avionics in attendance, then the Pilot Lounge is the perfect place. However if you wanted to tell us how your got your avionics gismo to perform flawlessly when no power is applied, then The Hanger is better suited.

In reality, we are not as perfect as we think we are and there is plenty of discussion about 170 maintenance in the Pilot Lounge as well as The Hanger and general pilot discussion in The Hanger as well at the Pilot Lounge. And isn't this like real life. I've seldom held back on a real good BS story, simply because I was standing in my hanger.

The main points about any post no matter what is not to fear posting it because you don't know where to post it and you shouldn't fear being challenged if someone feels you have not followed their interpretations of perfection. If it is that darn important we moderators can move it to the appropriate place and not even the perfectionist would tell the difference after.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com