ForeFlight ?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

ForeFlight ?

Post by 170C »

If using FF on an iPhone and one of the apps needs to be updated you get a message that there isn't sufficient disk space, if you select "Delete Expired", nothing seems to happen. The other option is "Delete All Downloads". If this one is selected what happens? Do you lose all apps on the iPhone? Does it delete them on the iPad? Also if one has apps being updated that one knows he doesn't need, how do you delete those apps?
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: ForeFlight ?

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

If you are in Foreflight when you are selecting "delete all downloads" then you are only deleting auxiliary downloads like maps, pertaining to ForeFlight and nothing else.

What you do on your phone has nothing to do with your IPad.

You have apps on your phone you don't need or want. Hold your finger on the app icon until a all the app icons start shaking with a little X in the upper left corner. The click the X of the app you don't want and it will be erased.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
strangebird

Post by strangebird »

How many charts are you trying to download?, you might be trying for too many and you do not have enough memory on your phone. I only down load the charts I an going to use, to save space I do not download the entire USA.

Do you have a lot of pictures or music on your phone?, get most off the phone, and like someone else said get rid of apps you do not need, all these take up a lot of space.

Your Ipad probably has more space to down load than your IPhone

Deleting in ForeFlight has nothing to do with the apps you download from the app store,
170C

Post by 170C »

Thanks guys! I probably do have too many photos on my phone. No music fortunately! The things I was thinking of deleting on my iPhone app for FF are a few states that I won't be needing soon (no I don't download all states) and some items such as High Resolution Terrain for places I won't be going. Its the Airport Database that seems to be overloaded and I know there must be a means of deselecting some of the things I have downloaded and no longer need.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

170C wrote:If using FF on an iPhone and one of the apps needs to be updated you get a message that there isn't sufficient disk space, if you select "Delete Expired", nothing seems to happen. The other option is "Delete All Downloads". If this one is selected what happens? Do you lose all apps on the iPhone? Does it delete them on the iPad? Also if one has apps being updated that one knows he doesn't need, how do you delete those apps?
Frank, if you're doing it today, the vast majority of the old ones aren't expired yet. :wink:
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
daedaluscan

Post by daedaluscan »

I think that you cannot delete expired downloads until you have downloaded the new version? Maybe I am wrong here?

I have also noted that if I fly without downloading the new files (red number in lower right corner) foreflight is painfully slow to do anything. Downloading the new files made it perform again. I assume that it is looking for wifi or???
Charlie

1956 170B C-GDRG #27019