EZ Flap handle

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

cgoaw

EZ Flap handle

Post by cgoaw »

Sure makes a big difference in the ability to actually operate the flaps when a shoulder harness is being used. Prior to the installation, I couldn't reach the flaps for extension because of the shoulder harness. Prior to the EZ flap handle, my plan was to leave the flaps up in the event of a off airport landing from a low altitude as I wouldn't have time to release the harness, grab the flap handle, and do up the shoulder harness prior to landing again while flying the aircraft. I use the extension for operation between zero and 20 and the original handle for operation between 20 and 40 degrees.

The handle doesn't look good for originality which is nice but it is an improvement.
blueldr

Re: EZ Flap handle

Post by blueldr »

With an inertia reel on your shoulder harness you wouldn't need that handle.
BL
N8293A

Post by N8293A »

Oh no! Here we go again!
Steve McGreevy
N8293A '53 C170B
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Steve do you have one of those handles? :D
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

If you like the handle, great, but I prefer my BAS inertia reel harnesses. Not only do they let me reach the flap handle, but I can also reach the glovebox and the right side air vent, I can lean forward and look for traffic, and when I'm done my harness is perfectly adjusted. But that's me, you may disagree.
canav8

Post by canav8 »

I believe that the original poster was sold on the easyflap shortly after he purchased his airplane. He didnt know about BAS inertia reels before he bought the EZFlap device. I am just glad he is not settling on not using flaps due to the restriction that his shoulder restraints cause. He will eventually buy the BAS inertia reels if it is the poster I am thinking of.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
mit

Post by mit »

N8293A wrote:Oh no! Here we go again!
I thought the same thing :?
Tim
cgoaw

Post by cgoaw »

Hi,

I am renting the C170. Therefore I did not have a choice of shoulder harness. You are right, it does not have an inertia reel which would eliminate the difficulty in reaching the handle. I suppose they could have done the inertia thing instead of the EZ Flap thing which does take away from the original type of look. Not sure of the price difference.