St. Louis Members?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N8293A

St. Louis Members?

Post by N8293A »

Ron Magos, are you monitoring this frequency? How are all the members in the St. Louis fairing? How is the Creve Coeur airport fairing? I know you have had serious flood issues in the past and we hope you are all safe and dry during the flooding.
Steve McGreevy
N8293A '53 C170B
4583C

Re: St. Louis Members?

Post by 4583C »

I was wondering the same thing Steve. I went to the airport website and found the following but don't know how long it has been posted.

Breaking News: This is an urgent message from the Creve Coeur Airport Improvement Corporation to all tenants and hangar owners: Due to the recent amount of rainfall in the area, there is a possibility of water getting onto the Creve Coeur Airport property. Anyone with items of value which could be affected by the increasing incursion of water onto their premises should be aware of this situation and take appropriate action. We will try to keep you advised through this website and the airport's Facebook page.
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

This was posted on Vans Air Force Wednesday (Dec. 30, 2015):

Last weekend's 8-10" of rain across most of Missouri is starting to take its toll on the general aviation airports. Smartt Field (SET) already had water over its runways yesterday and many airplanes flew over to Creve Coeur (1H0) but now Creve Coeur is slowely starting to flood. Just a few inches yesterday on the north east hangers but rising. Latest prediction is it will get to my hanger on the north west corner.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Web Cam pictures and river info from Creve Coeur Airport:

http://www.crevecoeurairport.com/localw ... ebcam.html

It looks like the river has crested at St. Charles.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Some years ago a buddy and i stopped overnight at Creve Coor and the next day some of the hangar owners showed us their water level marks at about four feet on their hangar walls from a flood a couple of years previously. I think I'd be looking for a different airport.
One guy showed us a picture of how he saved his airplane by somwhow getting it , a tail wheel airplane, with the landing gear up on three oil drums set on end.
He even had the presence of mind to puncture the oil drums so that they flooded rather than floating.
BL