Jughead

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Tom Van Diepen

Jughead

Post by Tom Van Diepen »

I enjoyed the fourth quarter 2015 "The 170 News" with Jon Counsell. A very enjoyable article that I could relate to. I have been over this country and landed at the places he did. Also, he wrote a good safety article about weather in the Northwest. Good stuff, Thank you.

Tom Van Diepen Baker, Or.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Jughead

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

And presto changeo just like that seeing as your first post was such a nice one Tom, I've upgraded your forum account to member status. I see you've been a member since 2012. What took so long to post?
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

Tom Van Diepen wrote:I enjoyed the fourth quarter 2015 "The 170 News" with Jon Counsell. A very enjoyable article that I could relate to. I have been over this country and landed at the places he did. Also, he wrote a good safety article about weather in the Northwest. Good stuff, Thank you.

Me too, I live in Longview,WA and will have to get together with you guys somewhere.

Joe
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Tom Van Diepen wrote:I enjoyed the fourth quarter 2015 "The 170 News" with Jon Counsell. A very enjoyable article that I could relate to. I have been over this country and landed at the places he did. Also, he wrote a good safety article about weather in the Northwest. Good stuff, Thank you.

Ditto on Jughead's articles, I think we are in for a good ride with Jughead at the wheel educating us and sharing his views of aviation safety!

Tom-
Do you live in Baker City, OR? I just flew a new Carbon Cub from the factory in Yakima to Dallas last week and spent the night in Baker City Dec 15! Too bad I did not know you were there. The lobster mac-n-cheese (and in-house brewed beer) at Barley Brown's was outstanding! The guys at the airport were very nice as well, loved the customized refrig! TI landed right at dark as they were leaving but Michael stuck around and let me take the company pickup to town for the night. I saw two 170s on the ramp there and one had a for sale sign on it.
Lobster mac-n-cheese
Lobster mac-n-cheese
Refrig at Baker City FBO with cool custom features
Refrig at Baker City FBO with cool custom features
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!