Air Asia Loss of Control

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

canav8

Re: Air Asia Loss of Control

Post by canav8 »

gahorn wrote:
Seafeye wrote:Not to stir up the pot, but isn't there still a missing 777 out there?
I'm with ghostflyer's opinion on Airbus. We don't know the missing 777 had anything at all to do with Loss of control (LOC). At least with a Boeing you can actually SEE where your crewmember has the yoke.
As for the missing Malaysian 777, I'm more suspicious of the Asian crew mentality and/or mishandling of a cabin pressurization event. At my most recent workplace, Asian (and some middle-Eastern) "pilots" previous vehicular operational experience might be limited to nothing more sophisticated than the manual window-crank on the backseat of a taxicab. Automation-dependency is a problem.
We had them arrive in groups, always in uniform with epaulets. They came to training with the entire curriculum and AFM memorized down to punctuation..... and had ZERO stick-and-rudder skills. They are universally reluctant to challenge senior crewmembers, and therefore miss the CRM triangle completely.
They were quite good at quickly engaging AP for stall recovery. (No, I'm not joking, I'm serious.)
George you are absolutely correct. The CRM triangle is the core problem with foreign carriers. Culture plays a huge roll in aviation hierarchy.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug