Chartreuse?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ryan Smith

Chartreuse?

Post by Ryan Smith »

I have identified as staunchly anti-green on this forum, but my curiosity has piqued recently with all of these talks about 1955 year model airplanes.

Rusty Morris' 1955 in turquoise is nothing short of stunning, and I've always liked that color. With retro colors coming back in vogue these days, does anyone have any pictures of an original chartreuse-trimmed 170? The only one that I have known/seen to have been this color originally is N4463B. There are some pretty wild variations/interpretations of chartreuse ranging from a sickly yellowish green, to a vidid bright green, and I'm curious where the one Cessna used falls on the spectrum.

Not that one would have any luck on that, but did Cessna keep records of how many airplanes of which colors were produced in a year, and possibly, what their serial numbers were? It would be interesting to see if there are remnants of the original color lurking under a venturi or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It may be enough to make me a fan of the color green on 170s...at least that color green. :mrgreen:
Ryan Smith

Re: Chartreuse?

Post by Ryan Smith »

Bueller? Bueller?

:cry:
c170b53

Re: Chartreuse?

Post by c170b53 »

Anybody.....
There's one for sale on Barnstormers, a 55 in Canada with the original paint and interior. There's a bit to the story and possibly the old adage is true as well.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS