2016 Calendar - Photos Needed!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ryan Smith

2016 Calendar - Photos Needed!

Post by Ryan Smith »

Hi guys,

I figure that many members may not frequent the Member's Intercom forum, but I am working on a wall calendar for the Association for 2016. I have some solid shots already, but I need some more. Specifically, I want/need:

1. At least (1) 1948 model
2. An airplane on floats
3. An airplane in fall foliage
4. An airplane on skis
5. An airplane in a winter landscape

Outside of this, I can use anything, but I want to ensure that I've got good representation of year models/configurations. I have an international airplane, but it would be great to get someone from Canada/Australia or elsewhere to submit photos.

I have a large collection of 170 photos, so if push comes to shove, I'll just begin to pick from that and contact owners as necessary, but I want this to be something that the Association may benefit from - I don't want to go outside TIC170A for pictures, meaning I am trying to ensure that all airplanes depicted are owned by TIC170A members. I need three photos - one high resolution "hero shot", and some smaller inset images. These may be of you and your family, a particular angle, or simply a shot that you like. I am purposely excluding the largest pool of images I have...those of my airplane, as I want this to be representative of the entire cross section of the 170 population. There are tons of shots of airplanes on Flickr from Massey Aerodrome or other events - if your airplane has been photographed professionally and you want to include it, I will handle the coordination with photographers. I simply need people to give me the okay to use their airplane. My email address may be found in the 2015 membership directory.

Thanks everyone!

Best regards,

Ryan
lowNslow

Re: 2016 Calendar - Photos Needed!

Post by lowNslow »

Ryan, any particular quality of photo required - I assume you need something full resolution?
Karl
'53 170B N3158B SN:25400
ASW-20BL
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

lowNslow wrote:Ryan, any particular quality of photo required - I assume you need something full resolution?
Karl,

I don't want to impose any incredible limits on the image size, but ideally, I'd like something in the neighborhood of 6000x4500 pixels. This is the full size of the calendar page at 300DPI. My iPhone 5S takes pictures at 3264x2448 pixels, so roughly 150 DPI - still an acceptable number. In fact, Tom Piscoya sent me a bunch of beautiful shots of his airplane directly from his iPhone, and putting them in Photoshop, I get a very acceptable result. The airplane doesn't have to be moving, it just needs to be against a nice background and be the main focus of the picture.

Basically...the highest you can get me. :)
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

Chumming the waters some more. If anyone has any interest or needs some guidance, I am happy to help.
counsellj

Post by counsellj »

Ryan ,

We need an e-mail address to send photos to.

Jughead
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

counsellj wrote:Ryan ,

We need an e-mail address to send photos to.

Jughead
n2256d (at) gmail (dot) com