New Pair of Corgis

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

bsdunek

New Pair of Corgis

Post by bsdunek »

You may recall I have had posted a couple of photos in the past of my Corgi, Reilly. Well, Reilly went over the Rainbow Bridge in mid-May. We decided we needed another Corgi, so began looking at rescue dogs.

It finally came down to a pair at FaerieLand Corgi & German Shepherd Rescue north of Minneapolis. They had a pair named Fred and Ginger we liked. Yes, named after the dancers. They would let us adopt just one, but they had been together about eight years, so we didn't want to separate them. Last week we went to pick them up - about 1500 miles round trip. Turns out they were kennel dogs and have no training. After a week, they are learning - Corgi's are smart dogs.

They are great fun, and very loving. Took them for a "Photo Trip" yesterday, and they were great.

I know this his nothing to do with flying, but I'm sure some of you can appreciate a new pair of Corgi's named Fred and Ginger. Now we just have teach them to dance!
Attachments
Ginger-170.jpg
Fred-for-170.jpg
Fred-&-Ginger-170.jpg
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C
Metal Master

Re: New Pair of Corgis

Post by Metal Master »

I have had a number of Corgi’s over the years. Long past. They were great companions. It is commendable that you got rescue dogs and that you got the pair. I ended up getting another rescue hound after I lost my Black & Tan coonhound Blue a while back as first officer Hank the flying coonhound was acting weird without his buddy not being around. So I got Sally the bluetick coonhound to take his place. She and Hank have become best buddies. The Corgi’s Blacky and Rocky I had were night time varmint dogs. Not that I wanted them to do that. They just did it. They would leave dead rats in the middle of the living room during the summer when they had freedom to roam in and out at night through the doggie door.
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!
GAHorn

Re: New Pair of Corgis

Post by GAHorn »

bsdunek wrote:.... They would let us adopt just one, but they had been together about eight years, so we didn't want to separate them. Last week we went to pick them up ...!
Great Dogs!

How did you arrange to get both of them?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)