Introduction

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bryce_York

Introduction

Post by Bryce_York »

Greetings!

My name is Bryce and I am a new member. I am from Sandusky, OH. I currently fly out of Lorain Co (KLPR), and I am a member of a flying club called Discover Aviation. The club currently has a Cessna 172D with the 180 conversion and a constant speed prop.

I am also getting my tailwheel endorsement in the next 4 weeks or so and hope to build some TW time in a Piper Cub this summer.

I joined the club because I have always loved TW planes, specifically from the 40's and 50's. The Cennsa 170 meets my mission requirements (for the most part) and this is the plane that I would like to purchase or establish a partner with in the next year or so.

I am looking forward to meeting the Ohio members and other members in association. I would also love to get up in th 170 a little more, so if any of the Ohio members are looking for some company, please feel free to let me know! :D

Bryce
Bryce
51 170A
cessna170bdriver

Re: Introduction

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Welcome to the club, Bryce!

By early July I'm going to be within 150 miles NW of you, probably somewhere between Ann Arbor and Howell, MI. My 170 is currently down for an extensive rebuild, so I can't offer a ride any time soon, but I'm sure there are others in the area who will. Keep an eye on the FlyPaper for any events within range. If you aren't doing anything else the week of July 12, come join us in Gulf Shores, AL for our annual convention.

I look forward to meeting you someday!

Miles Bowen
5 weeks to "California in the rear-view mirror"!
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
170C

Post by 170C »

Welcome to the association Bryce! Glad to have you join us. You will learn a lot about 170's here. I hope you are able to locate a 170 like you want when the time is right. If you can't attend our convention in July be sure to make some of the fly ins in your area. (Or both)

Miles, is that rear view mirror anything like "Happiness is Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror"? :)
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Lubbock, Texas ??? Ah, YESSS!! Frank, please don't say anything derogatory about Lubbock.
We used to spend week ends in Lubbock, Texas, when I was going through B-17 training in Hobbs, New Mexico, back during the "Big War".
I can vividly remember that the lovely young ladies of Lubbock were exceptionally generous with their favors during those happy week ends. A good many of those delightful damsels seemed to have rather brown stained teeth from, I was told, the natural fluoride in the local water. The staining of their teeth did not seem to diminish their generousity at all. War was really hell in those days.

BL

P.S. most of the military guys avoided drinking water in Lubbock.
BL
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Welcome to the association Bryce! The Cub is an excellent tailwheel trainer, get all the time you can this summer.

If you can make the convention in Gulf Shores, Alabama this summer, you will meet many good folks that will talk C-170s as long as you want. If you don't make it this summer, the convention is in Indiana next summer.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
170C

Post by 170C »

So Dick, you have fond memories of Lubbock, TX. I was just quoting Mac Davis' lyrics in his famous song where in the end he said, "And when I die you can bury me in Lubbock, TX in my jeans." Wish I had $5 for every time I have been to LBK. Like all of west Texas, some of the finest folks anywhere! :D
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

County Line BBQ in LBB is a good place to eat! (Two more of 'em in Austin, Too!)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Back during the big war there was food in Hobbs. We didn't go to lubbock to eat.
BL
Bryce_York

Post by Bryce_York »

Thanks for the welcome! Who would have thought Lubbock, TX was so popular :lol:

Wish I could make this years National Covention but I will be on vacation the week before. I will keep an eye out for regional flying in's to meet some members!
Bryce
51 170A