Triple Tree Aerodrome

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Onewinglo

Triple Tree Aerodrome

Post by Onewinglo »

As a new pilot I have often dreamed of making the trip "home" to S.C. and fly with my best friend. Sunday he and I flew to Triple Tree Aerodrome , SC00. 7000' golf course smooth runway, lots of camping areas  for RVs, large nice bathhouses.  Staff took us on a tour.  The place is huge.  The RW is about 2 miles including flyovers on each end. Did I mention golf course smooth? He has never flown before and he loved it. It was a great day for flying and fellowship!
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
C170A N1714D
My First Airplane!
Onewinglo

Re: Triple Tree Aerodrome

Post by Onewinglo »

A couple more images.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
C170A N1714D
My First Airplane!
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

I love Triple Tree! Pat and the entire group of guys down there are the best.

I'll be there all next week for work during Joe Nall. I hope that my wife and I will be flying the 170 down this September for their full-scale fly in.
SteveF

Post by SteveF »

Triple Tree has is my long x-c for this year. Have been looking at going down west of Washington and returning up the East coast. I have read that as many as 800 planes attend so should be a lot of fun.

Pick one long flight each year and dream/plan the trip during the bad weather. Have done Oshkosh, Lee Bottom, Reklaw, ,Petit Jean, and Middletown, Ohio in the past. One of my very best favorites,
thanks to AR Dave for the suggestion, is Gaston's Fishing Camp.

Also have found that Triple Tree also has a very nice website.
170C

Post by 170C »

Steve, I seem to remember "someone" from up in the narthest bringing some good vittles for us southerners to enjoy at Petite Jean. I hope you can make it to Triple Tree. I am giving some thought to going myself.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
sfarringer

Post by sfarringer »

Triple Tree is an interesting place, and the hospitality can't be beat. We went to the fly-in last September.
However, I was disappointed with the very small number of antique airplanes in attendance. Also, parking and camping under the trees was great at the time, but cleaning whatever sticky stuff the trees deposited on the airplane was a real nuisance after getting home.
Next year we'll go back to the MAAC flyin at Brodhead Wisconsin, which is the same weekend.
Ragwing S/N 18073
N8293A

Post by N8293A »

Triple Tree has a huge general aviation fly in in September. Katie and I flew down a couple of years ago and we had a great time. There are no official air shows, it's just a long weekend of pilots hanging out enjoying good company, good food, and beautiful airplanes. It is a spectacular facility, and their hospitality is second to none. We made friends that weekend that we stay in touch with to this day. Your post brought back some great memories!
Steve McGreevy
N8293A '53 C170B