OK..I admit it... I guess I should paint the stripe GREEN.

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: OK..I admit it... I guess I should paint the stripe GREE

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

2015-04-04_00-11-16_607 copy.jpg
Ahhhhh. That's better. :twisted:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Bruce

Can you make it just a little darker green then add a 4 leaf clover lucky charm ........ :)
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Thanks Karl for the airstream link.

Good post Johneeb!

If I take up Aryana's idea I better replace that one lunger that's in the Isetta! Right now it's got all it can do to get me up a hill! And while I'm at it I better put better shocks on it too!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Ha!, no one should ever question Bruce's talents!
170C wrote:George, I see green pillows along with red & green curtains. Should be a good compromise :mrgreen:

Seriously, it looks nice! What length is it and what do you plan to tow it with?
It's what they call their 22' Safari model, and can sleep 4 if they're friendly, but seems plenty roomy for two. What really sold Jamie was the rear bathroom that has a separate shower, lavatory, and toilet. It's got a dinette that makes into a queen bed, a sofa that makes into a double bed, a gas range, convection microwave, TV/Blu-ray-DVD/CD stereo, elect/gas refrigerator and hot-water heater. It's got a roof-mounted Carrier air conditioner and a ducted LPG furnace. It's surprising what they can stuff into a lightweight travel trailer and still be comfortable.
Our tow vehicle is my Ram 1500 4X4 crew cab. It barely notices it's back there. Trailer Empty (oops... 'Streamers are picky...they call it a "COACH")...Empty wt is 3400 and GVWR is 4000-4500. (Useful depends on if the water tanks are full or not.) The tongue weight is only about 400 lbs when loaded, even with double 30 lb. LPG bottles. It doesn't even sag the rear end of the truck, and I didn't experience any sway whatsoever even when passing 18 wheelers. It was surprisingly easy to tow.
584303.jpg
69030.jpg
range burners and sink are beneath hinged smoked-lexan covers
range burners and sink are beneath hinged smoked-lexan covers
966443.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
515692.jpg
618887.jpg
Attachments
647853.jpg
647853.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
174187.jpg
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

AirStream RV'ers are as goofy-lot as we are. They've even got their own Aryana version -----here's one of their dog-houses:

IMG_1462.JPG
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

So george has become an "Airstreamer". They're a rather strange bunch sometimes.
I recall on one of my winter sojourns to Baja California when an airstrean caravan stopped of in the campground where my buddy and I were overnighting in my Camper. The first thing they did was to circle the wagons and set up for a meeting, PA system and all. The next thing was to erect a flag pole and run up the Stars and Stripes.
In about fifteen minutes a young little Mexican Marines Lieutenent and four or five marines armed with automatic rifles showed up. and reminded the caravan honcho that they were now in Mexico and it was only proper to display the Mexican flag. The honcho indigantly allowed as to how they were Americans and flew the American flag.
The Mexican Lieutenant told him in no uncertain terms to get that flag down pronto or he was going off to a mexican jail and the caravan was going to leave mexico right now.
It was almost the highlight of our trip.
Last edited by blueldr on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BL
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Too bad American law enforcement doesn't follow the same policy.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

hilltop170 wrote:Too bad American law enforcement doesn't follow the same policy.
It's what is called "Freedom of speech", Richard. :wink:

Yeah, Dick... those WBCC crowd are considered a little wacky, even within the AirStreamer group.
(Wally Byam Caravan Club) members can be identified by the red membership numbers above the front/rear windows of their "coaches". Wally was an originator of the Airstream and organized group caravans (sort of like our fly-ins) to vacation spots. He was known for his blue beret and patriotic displays of Old Glory.
Sort of a quaint throw-back to nostalgia days, I suppose...

I don't have much interest in caravanning in large groups. (I'm a Rebel, ya' know....) :twisted:
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I sure do have to agree with you, Richard. Every Sunday when the wetbacks have their soccer games they have the Mexican flag flying. Kind of pisses me off.
If they're so wild for Mexico, why in hell are they so anxious to get into the states?
BL
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

How do you feel about the Confederate flag? :lol:
cfzxo

Post by cfzxo »

Guys In my travels in Mexico a tip for the officer would have taken care of such a minor problem. :lol:
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

gahorn wrote:How do you feel about the Confederate flag? :lol:
George, remember, freedom of speech.

It was the school flag at the University of Texas at Arlington when I went there and we were the Rebels. At least until the cry-babies made them change it to the Moving Mavericks. Kind of reminds me of a cow patty from a sick bovine. It completely killed the school's spirit. Before, the football games were always packed, now I don't even know if they have a football team.
Last edited by hilltop170 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Like I said..."I'm a Rebel, ya know"...

(And bein' borned in the Souf.... I kin take full privilege in making the following post):

I was always puzzled over the protesters (usually black) who claimed offense at the display of the old confederate flag...
Instead of getting upset...
... You'd think they'd get a BIG BELLY LAUGH out of any bubba who took pride in displaying the banner of LOSERS!

:?