Stuart FL hanger????

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Pdogace

Stuart FL hanger????

Post by Pdogace »

I have the house for sale and my wife, 2 boys, and I are moving from ATL to the Stuart FL area. I currently have a hanger and only pay $205 a month. I am very concerned about being able to find a hanger in the Stuart area for a reasonable rate. I called the Stuart Airport and they want almost $600 + a month. Does anyone know how much and the availability of hangers at Indiantown (X58)? Another thought, does anyone live on an airpark in the area and want to possibly rent some hanger space?? I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions. I just need a good home for Sweet Caroline, my 170. Thanks for all the help in advance.
Preston
1954 C170B "Sweet Caroline"
jlwild

Re: Stuart FL hanger????

Post by jlwild »

Preston, we will miss you at Cartersville (KVPC). It was great having four 170's on same field. :D Assume you have a new flying position in Florida. Wishing you good hunting on a hangar.. Suggest you use the 170 directory for members in the area where you are moving to.. Give them a call. Many of them typically don't check the forum. 8O
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
1Flyboy

Post by 1Flyboy »

Welcome to the area!! I live between Stuart and Fort Pierce, which is just to the north. Depends which side of Stuart you will be living for convenience. I fly mostly out of Fort Pierce KFPR and know a couple of owners that keep their plane at Fort Pierce, since the hangar rent is much less than Stuart. I have also heard aero park associations don't like or won't let home owners rent out hanger space? However, give "Naked Lady" a try, just a few miles west of Stuart.
Pdogace

Post by Pdogace »

Hey thanks for touching base. I am at Naked Lady now. We should try and meet up some time in the near future. I met a new friend at treasure coast airpark and I have my name on the list in Indian town. But I have a good deal at naked lady. Would be fun to meet up. Pm me, we currently live in Hobe Sound.
Preston
1954 C170B "Sweet Caroline"