Side Doors on Hangars

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

Re: Side Doors on Hangars

Post by 170C »

Dave, is this the hangar you have been keeping your 170 in there in Russelville? The one I was in a time or two? If its that one it is a very nice and big one as I recall.

I think we all have some risk with our tools and other equipment that is in our hangar. Also our avionics. Most of us aren't too worried about someone stealing the plane itself, but if they want it that bad they will probably get it. Just be sure to have as much of your assets insured as you can or want to do so. Some of the things you will likely do will discourage a would be thief so that he may go on to another, easier to access, hangar.

Good luck!
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

170C wrote:Like many, I have a security system for my home. Mostly to alert me if someone is coming in at night. ....
Here's an inexpensive suggestion: Keep your car keys by your bedside. If you hear someone entering the house at night...hit the "panic" button on the key-fob, to sound the car-horn-continuously! It may alert the neighbors and certainly will distract an intruder, hopefully long enough to get a bead on him.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

Or get a Pitbull and two Dachshunds. My dogs do not let any noise (familiar or not) go unalerted.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Or a peacock! (Yech!)
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
170C

Post by 170C »

Or Guniea's :lol:
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Yes Ole Pokey - same hangar...
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense - have people who don't know aviation, presenting the case to people who don't know aviation. City Council is like - huh? So why do we won't to give these hangar owners something for nothing? Let's raise the lease rates on them. So we have no idea whats going to happen.

One thing that the Airport Manager wants to do is give Hangar Owners, who bring in money, extension - but not individuals like me who fly Cessna 170's. And he's also wanting to tie that to a commitment to buy fuel from our airport.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Dave, surely AR has an aviation dept director who can explain the benefits of local airports to your "airport manager" (who clearly isn't the right person for the job description he holds.)

Either get that man re-educated...or get RID of him.