Dubya is moving

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

W.J.Langholz

Dubya is moving

Post by W.J.Langholz »

All

We have decided that it is time to make Texas our home. Mary Jo and I bought John and Dorthy Benham's place at TA66 several years back. We will be headed to Texas on or before April 15th.

We are excited to start a new chapter in our book of life. We have met many good people in Texas and look forward to spending more time with our good friends Richard and Ina.

We have sold the 206 and purchased a 1946 Stearman with a P&W 450 hp. We also have a Champ 7AC that I will be flying down sometime in April. It use to fly faster than Richard's 170 but I had the prop re pitched and now it just goes up :)

I will also be closer to the infamous most original southern gentlemen with a RED 170. I will continue to try and get him on the correct path but he requires alot of work. His wife is the most lovely Southern Bell I have ever met, he has been blessed. and will look forward to seeing them more often as well.

I will post some pictures of my "Low and Slow" trip to the Great State of Texas.

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
GAHorn

Re: Dubya is moving

Post by GAHorn »

As they say on "The Price is Right"..... "COME ON DOWN!"

(Since you've bought an open-cockpit .... it's a good thing you're coming down where the weather is better for that sort of flying!) :lol:

PS: Hey, Miles!... THINK! :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Say it ain't so!!!

Why would anyone leave this high taxed, cold weather, liberal spending state for someplace like Texas? :(

In all seriousness Dubya - CONGRATS! Sounds like a great plan to me!

PS - and I think a guy involved in the Ag related business could sure teach a rocket scientist a thing or two as well! :P
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

George and Kyle

Miles is a En Ga Near...... yes so is my son John.

I will have to tell John what I want Miles to know...... those En Ga Nears have a language all of their own :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes En Ga Nears just don't listen.....

W.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

I did a couple of tours of duty in the great state of Texas when I was growing up in the USAF, They were both in San Antonio, and it was a good soldier town. I met and married the light of my life there and really wouldn't mind living down there at all. I kind of get a kick out of wearing a big hat, but I'll be godamned if I'm gonna become a "Texan" and nave to have cows too.
BL
170C

Post by 170C »

Congrats Willie. You will make a fine additions to TEXAS! Now as to your plan to work on that guy with the RED airplane, who resides not far from the capitol, you definitely have your work cut out for you, but nothing is impossible :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

W.J.Langholz, feel free to stop in here on your way down, Russellville, AR (KRUE). Place to stay and hangar.
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Thanks for the invite Dave.

Our illustrious President Mr Pulley helped me with the route. Very limited equipment on board, No Towered airports, 2 hour max for flying leg. I will check tonight. Always want to see where you live and where that famous flyin is at :)

W.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
juredd1

Post by juredd1 »

While we're at it I might as well put my bid in for a stop in along the way if Russellville ends up in your sights. I'm about 45 miles of RUE to the north on a 2000' grass strip. I can't match Dave's offer as we don't have any extra hangers but I'd be happy to take ya to the area's favorite eating joint called the Ozark Cafe in downtime Jasper, AR. You might enjoy talking planes as you'll find a 1946 7AC Champ converted to a 7BCM (upgraded to an 85 horse) with no electrical, a 54 170B, and a 404 Fisher bi-wing ultralight hangered on the place. It's my 75 year old Uncles place but I like to claim a little of it since I help keep the runway well used. He's got the champ and the 404. We're just a couple country boys that like to fly.

Not sure where your coming from but Tyler looked like the closest airport to Lake Benton. According to Google earth we'd only cost you an extra 2+ hours of flight time. Beautiful country up here in these hills.

Justin
My playground....
35°58’52.01” N 93°06’27.51” W
'54 170B White and Green with a hint of Red
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

juredd1, let me know if you come this way as well. I pretty much hang out at the airport. 479-857-1192
That reminds me - I have an announcement.
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

OWD WULLY - - 5LS9 MITE B URE BES BET FER A RON. GOTS A OLE FRIG FUL O NUMMERUS BEEARS AN THU SMOAKER RITE A SIDE. RIBS, CHICKUMS, SOSSAGE AN BOUDAN FER BREKFAS. MS GAR AN ME CAN SLEEP ONNA BOAT AND IFN YER DOAN GIT SEE SIK U CAN HAVE THE WATER BED.

This is a serious offer. flyguy
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Dang Ol Gar - you keep that offer out there and you may get LOTS of visitors!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Thanks for all the invites Guys.

Gar , I had to read your message 3 time and I think it said "Come on Over anytime" :)

I just may have to do that eh

W.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

W.J.Langholz wrote:Thanks for all the invites Guys.

Gar , I had to read your message 3 time and I think it said "Come on Over anytime" :)

I just may have to do that eh

W.
Willie, if you're going to live in the south, you have to learn the language. After a couple of years you'll be able to watch "Swamp People" without reading the subtitles. :lol:
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
170C

Post by 170C »

Yes Willie and you will have to work on saying " yea, out yonder, maters (for tomatoes)" and a bunch more Southern things. Maybe you can bring some good ones from up narth! Ea
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018