Wonderful Generous Folks in Nigeria

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Wonderful Generous Folks in Nigeria

Post by GAHorn »

Below is a copy of an email I rec'd today. I thought all you might find it useful. Isn't it nice for Alice to tell us about the nice gentleman over at the "Compensation Award House"....?? How else would we know about such fine folks?

+++++++++++++++++++++++

MRS ALICE BRYAN (sca@eapi.co.ke)Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.

Sent:

Tue 2/24/15 8:14 PM

To:!

Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we'll delete it after ten days.
Wait, it's safe!

Attn: My Dear,

I am Mrs Alice Bryan, I am a USA citizen 48 years Old. I am from New York, i am thinking of relocating since I am now rich, I am one of those that took part in the Compensation in Nigeria many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $50,000 while in the United State trying to get my payment all to no avail.

So I decided to travel to WASHINGTON D.C with all my compensation documents, And I was directed by the ( F B I) Director to contact Agent Mr.Robert Phillip who his a representative of the ( FB I ) and a member of the COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE in Europe and I contacted him, he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment. Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have received my compensation funds of $15,Million Us Dollars, Moreover, Mr Robert Phillip showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payment and I saw your email address as one of the beneficiaries,that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you i will advise you to contact Mr Robert Phillip.You have to contact him directly on this information below.

COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE
Name: Mr Robert Phillip
Email: robertph82*7@gmail .com

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your funds is with them, it is not in anyway with them they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.The only money I paid after I met Mr Robert Phillip was just $400 for the paper works take note of that.

Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Mr Robert Phillip so that he can help you to Deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.

Regards,
Mrs.Alice Bryan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(I deliberately adulterated the email address in case anyone boo-boo'd and clicked on it.) :roll:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
hilltop170

Re: Wonderful Generous Folks in Nigeria

Post by hilltop170 »

George- Are you going to throw a party when you get your money?
Last edited by hilltop170 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Alice, spend some of that money on English grammar lessons!
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
juredd1

Post by juredd1 »

I can't beat her up much on the grammar (Thank GOD for spell check or I would have spelled grammar wrong) because I actually picked an associates degree that did not include English 101 as a requirement. In place of English 101 was "Technical Writing" which turned out worse then I had imagined, I was trying to avoid having to perform speeches but this class ended up with me having to do 3. I do not function well in front of a crowd of people, known or unknown. Give me math all day long but please don't make me go to English class.

So an early apology, proper grammar is not my specialty. However I am amazed that these types of emails must produce some return for these folks or they would stop sending them out....right? It's hard to imagine that anyone would take this email serious. Not sure what the angle is either.
My playground....
35°58’52.01” N 93°06’27.51” W
'54 170B White and Green with a hint of Red
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Hey George, I can't believe it, I'm going to be rich too! I got this just this morning, can't wait to get my new ATM card and go to the nearest ATM to withdraw the funds. It's going to take awhile at $300.00 per day though.

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN),
ATM Visa/Debit Card Unit,
Address: P.M.B 0187, Garki Abuja Nigeria.
Date: 28/02/2015.

Attn: Fund Beneficiary,

The Federal Republic of Nigeria in conjunction of the United Nations have
released your Contract/Inheritance/Compensation Fund of $10.5 Million United
States Dollars deposited with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as your
Compensation of your recent scam victim by the Nigerian and African fraudsters.

Sequel to the meeting held on 1st January 2015 concerning your fund; The
President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and the UN Secretary General Ban Kin-Moon has
ordered for immediate payment of your Contract/Inheritance/Compensation Fund of
$10.5 Million United States Dollars through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
without further delay since the fund belongs to you unaccompanied.

On the method of payment; Government of Nigeria and the United Nations has
ordered the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to pay your Fund of $10.5 Million
United States Dollars through ATM Visa Card which shall deliver to your doorstep
by Courier Delivery Company while you cash your fund at any ATM Machine near
your location. How to receive the ATM VISA CARD; you should provide your
personal details as follows;

Your Full Name;
Your Full Address (where you wish to receive your ATM Debit Card);
Your Occupation;
Your Country;
Your Phone Number;
Sex/Age;
Your Passport or National ID Number;

Contact this Email for more directions info.victor@aol.com

Warning; Due to high rate of internet scam, you are not allowed to pay any
upfront fees or advance charges online or to any group or individual because the
fund belongs to you. Also, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will release the
PIN NUMBER(secret numbers) of your card upon the reception of your card at your
doorstep.

Regards,
Dr. Ahmed Ali
Director; ATM Unit, CBN

p.s. I changed the reply email address in case anybody gets the idea of elbowing-in ahead of me.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Here a while back I got one of those pitiful, heart wrenching e-mails, from Steve Grimsley. He told me he was stranded in some city in Europe and had lost his wallet and pass port and could I send him a $1000.00. So I did and then found out he really hadn't traveled abroad at all. I wanted him to send me my money back but he didn't! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spammers and hackers must get some people to really fall for these scams as many of them as show up.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

I used to work with some folks in the cyber-security field that advised companies on data breaches. I understand from them that you continue to see these scams because they actually work. And they are more sophisticated than you might think. There have been a number of studies on them, including one by Microsoft. Apparently, the the laughable story and bad grammar and spelling are a necessary part of the scam -- to reduce "false positives." The scam requires huge mass e-mailings. But the scammers don't want to deal with those who respond unless they are likely to follow through with the scam. In other words, given the huge mass mailing, they need a way to eliminate those who may respond without following through (false positives). So the email is crafted so that only the gullible are likely to respond -- reducing the number of false positives. Those not likely to follow through read the email and appreciate from the start that it is a scam. Google "Nigerian email scam study" and you will get the Microsoft report.

So don't respond unless you want to classify yourself as a true target of these scams.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Gene, what if we all responded jamming the spammers email making it less profitable for the spammer to find the gullible?

Just a thought.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

I suspect that you would need a heck of a lot of folks to respond at the same time. And then the spammers would just change their address and mass email the spam again.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Gene, ... what if one of OUR guys was a hoarrible spellr....??? Woodent that kwalifie...? speshully if hee wuz a passed precedent? ?? :P
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

Yea, I think he might qualify as one of their prime targets.

I think he should respond to the email you received George, and then he can let us know what happens. For research purposes, of course, since he's the most qualified.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY