Shirts

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ryan Smith

Shirts

Post by Ryan Smith »

While I'm needlessly upping my post count this evening, I thought I'd ask if any of the old timers (from the late 80s) would have any recollection of these shirts? I take it that they were an Association offering as I have seen them worn by several people in my old copies of The 170 News. I think they're pretty cool and would like to have one. Does anyone recall who made them?

The font doesn't appear to be standard, rather it appears to be someone's cursive artwork, as evidenced by the difference in the two letter 'S's in 'Cessna', therefore replicating it exactly would be difficult, at best, without an original shirt to go by. If one looks closely, there appears to be a signature by the 'y'.
Attachments
10341452_10101234168608261_7979023211639775674_n.jpg
edbooth

Re: Shirts

Post by edbooth »

Ryan Smith wrote:While I'm needlessly upping my post count this evening, I thought I'd ask if any of the old timers (from the late 80s) would have any recollection of these shirts? I take it that they were an Association offering as I have seen them worn by several people in my old copies of The 170 News. I think they're pretty cool and would like to have one. Does anyone recall who made them?

The font doesn't appear to be standard, rather it appears to be someone's cursive artwork, as evidenced by the difference in the two letter 'S's in 'Cessna', therefore replicating it exactly would be difficult, at best, without an original shirt to go by. If one looks closely, there appears to be a signature by the 'y'.
Ryan, you should check with Velvet, she may remember. I can remember her wearing that shirt years ago, but never questioned where she got it. I don't believe it was a club offered shirt.....but then My mind is so cluttered up with 76 years of trivia, I may have forgot... :D
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Ed, you've been a member longer than me, but I don't remember that shirt being offered by the Association either.

There is LOTS of 170-themed apparel that many member wear, but didn't get it through the Association. I had a one-of-a-kind shirt made at a fly-in one time that said Cessna 170 N3498C done with iron-on letters.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

edbooth wrote:[....but then My mind is so cluttered up with 76 years of trivia, I may have forgot... :D
OLE GAR SEZ "EMT URE CASH" EDDIE or in more common terms "dump the trivia" - - "empty your cache" have a beer and let the younger minds worry about the small stuff! :lol:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

edbooth wrote:
Ryan Smith wrote:While I'm needlessly upping my post count this evening, I thought I'd ask if any of the old timers (from the late 80s) would have any recollection of these shirts? I take it that they were an Association offering as I have seen them worn by several people in my old copies of The 170 News. I think they're pretty cool and would like to have one. Does anyone recall who made them?

Ryan, you should check with Velvet, she may remember. I can remember her wearing that shirt years ago, but never questioned where she got it. I don't believe it was a club offered shirt.....but then My mind is so cluttered up with 76 years of trivia, I may have forgot... :D
Since you gave me a very solid lead on the shirt, it's forgiven. :D

I messaged Velvet about the shirt on Facebook and she remembered it, and is trying to think of where she got it. She asked me to look at some of the ads in the older issues of the 170 News I have to see if it were advertised there.
edbooth

Post by edbooth »

flyguy wrote:
edbooth wrote:[....but then My mind is so cluttered up with 76 years of trivia, I may have forgot... :D
OLE GAR SEZ "EMT URE CASH" EDDIE or in more common terms "dump the trivia" - - "empty your cache" have a beer and let the younger minds worry about the small stuff! :lol:
It will probably automatically do that itself one of these days... :lol:
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver