Installing A TCM IO360

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

bagarre

Re: Installing A TCM IO360

Post by bagarre »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:Ok, I'm kind of partial to the skull cap spinner with the early cowling. But I might make allowances if an IO360 was installed by the engine fairy. :lol:
Would love to find/get approved a tiny skull cap for the prop or just approval to fly it without a spinner at all.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Does the STC require it David? No requirement to have a spinner on a 170 otherwise.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Metal Master

Post by Metal Master »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:Does the STC require it David? No requirement to have a spinner on a 170 otherwise.
I am not sure David has the answer to that one. The STC does require a spinner. I would prefer an older 182 spinner or a Maul spinner. I have not been able to find one in good condition, I am starting to get used to it though. It is bodaciously large.
Jim
A&P, IA, New owner C170A N1208D, Have rebuilt some 50 aircraft. So many airplanes, So little time!
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:Does the STC require it David? No requirement to have a spinner on a 170 otherwise.
What he said. The STC does call out the spinner as required. The early 182 spinner does look the closes to the 170 bullet spinner.
It's the one piece I don't have yet. I just got an email from Tom saying my motor mount is almost done! That (and the spinner) was the last major part I am missing...other than a good set of 175 wings.