Put some faces with names today

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ryan Smith

Put some faces with names today

Post by Ryan Smith »

I got a PM about 7:30 this morning from Kyle Wolfe asking about he situation at Frasca field. He was wanting to visit some family in the area and was looking for a place to stop. After exchanging some communication it sounded like he was going to stop in. After leaving work, I headed out to the airport arriving around 5:30 to see a pretty B model on the ramp. Kyle and Becky had just landed and were in the middle of tying down when I walked out. Kyle put two and two together pretty quick and shouted across the ramp "I recognize that face! Are you Ryan?". We enjoyed a nice conversation while they awaited their family members, and I have to say, it was a great way to start he weekend. The Wolfes are just super folks and it was an absolute joy to be able to share a little bit of time with them.

I was too engrossed in conversation to get a picture of them with their airplane, but perhaps can sneak one if I catch them on their departure. I did grab these after they left. N1932C is a sweet old gal. Thank you for thinking of me, Kyle. I hope to see you and Becky again soon!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DWood

Re: Put some faces with names today

Post by DWood »

Ryan:
I agree, Kyle and Becky are 2 of the best people you would ever want to meet!
I always look forward to seeing them at OSH.
Dan
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

But where are Kyle and Becky's faces?

Look who stopped to see me at work.
Kyle Takakjian and Bruce Fenstermacher visit at Wings Field (KLOM)
Kyle Takakjian and Bruce Fenstermacher visit at Wings Field (KLOM)
Kyle Takakjian of MA stopped at Wings Field (KLOM) to visit a friend on his way home north from a 3 week trip with the 170. Imagine my surprise and delight when I look out my office window to see a 170 sitting among the plethora of Cirrus SR-22 plastic crap on the ramp.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

We were too engrossed in conversation for me to remember snapping a picture of them. :oops: By the time I thought of it, they were in the car leaving. I'm terrible with pictures.

I hope to catch them on their way out.
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Ryan, was good to meet you and Morgan! Wished we could have seen the museum at Frasca. Sounds like some neat aircraft and trainers. (If I understood correctly, Frasca field is where Rudy Frasca built the Frasca simulators. Don't know if I've ever seen one.)

Then it was on to Lincoln to visit member Barry Miller. He's just completed a WONDERFUL house/hangar project. Was good to see him but due to family issues we missed Karen. Next time guys!
Attachments
Barry & Karen's WONDERFUL house
Barry & Karen's WONDERFUL house
Barry's man cave
Barry's man cave
Barry's ramp
Barry's ramp
Barry & Becky
Barry & Becky
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta