New Member From Connecticut

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Roger O

New Member From Connecticut

Post by Roger O »

Hi Everyone, I am a new member to the forum, and live in North Western Connecticut. I have been flying since 1976 (Comm, Inst, SEL, tail wheel endorsement), have had several planes, and been not flown for about 10 years - I do have a current class 3 medical. My wife and I recently decided to get back into flying, and are drawn to the the 170 for it's looks, simplicity and economy. I look forward to the advice from all of you, and look forward to purchasing a 170B as soon as one is available!

Roger
canav8

Re: New Member From Connecticut

Post by canav8 »

Welcome Roger. This is a great community and a very helpful information source. Take lots of pictures when you find your new ride. Also, it might behoove you to get a little currency in some tail wheel to knock the rust off before you buy yours. D
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Welcome Roger. Good luck with the hunt.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Welcome.

Don't rush the shopping process. Not only do you need to be careful, but you'll learn a lot looking at a variety of airplanes.
Hawkeyenfo

Post by Hawkeyenfo »

Welcome! Have fun getting back "in the water". :D
Fly Navy !!!!

1941 Boeing PT-13D Stearman
1952 Cessna 170B
1960 Piper Aztec (PA23-250)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

WELCOME, Roger!

You will also want to join the Hosting-Association of these forums... The Int'l Cessna 170 Assoc'n....(TIC170A)... and you can do that at the top of this screen using the link : http://cessna170.org/MemberForm.html

The Forums are free to all who wish to participate...but actual Membership in TIC170A is what you'll need to have ALL the benefits of the Forums including the Maintenance Library and Members Intercom... AND...to receive the "Flypaper" and "The 170 News" which are our publications. The Flypaper will carry monthly classifieds which may help you locate/find your new ride! These will include adverts by those who are willing to sell/trade their 170s and other stuff. (Don't worry...no spam or other unwanted ads ever come your way thru our Assoc'n.)

Again, if you're looking for/interested in Cessna 170s (and others as well)...you're in the right place!

George Horn
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)