NTSB Reports

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

minton

NTSB Reports

Post by minton »

Does anyone have any idea how one would go about getting a NTSB incident report corrected? (Wrong name of operator is in report)
GAHorn

Re: NTSB Reports

Post by GAHorn »

Good luck. When I pointed out to the chief investigator that her NTSB report blamed a misplaced O-ring for preventing fuel flow that resulted in a fatality...(the misplaced O-ring would not PREVENT fuel flow....it would prevent fuel SHUTOFF).... She was completely disinterested and told me to inform Cessna. :evil:

But the basis answer to your question is to read the report, and send an email or snail mail or ph. call to the investigator who signed off on the report. The contact info is in the report.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
minton

Post by minton »

I've had the same luck which gives me pause. :(
voorheesh

Post by voorheesh »

If it is important for you, you should write a letter to the NTSB (to their address in Washington DC) and clearly describe the correction you seek. You should include any documentation necessary to support your claim. Request a reply and copy your congressman. Governmental agencies such as NTSB are supposed/required to respond and I would think would make a correction if you can offer proof.