How big is your bank?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: How big is your bank?

Post by GAHorn »

Bruce Fenstermacher wrote:... (Didn't help I'd just read the EAA will just pay the FAA ATC fee rather than fight as if we all just have lots of cash floating around - but this is another story)
Sorry my previous post wasn't clearer....:

I was only amused you were apparently unhappy about which pocket your money came out of.... your EAA dues paying ATC??...or your tax dollars paying them. :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

I think it's the combination of my fuel tax along with my EAA dues paying for them.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

bagarre wrote:I think it's the combination of my fuel tax along with my EAA dues paying for them.
If EAA pays them, then ATC doesn't have to use as many tax dollars for the purpose, is the presumption. It's called "new user fees" :evil:
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

Hmm, so if EAA is going to pay them I can expect a reduction in my fuel tax?
No, they will spend my tax money in other places AND charge EAA AND introduce user fees.

I don't mind paying for the things I use but please, charge me once based on what I use.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

bagarre wrote:Hmm, so if EAA is going to pay them I can expect a reduction in my fuel tax?
No, they will spend my tax money in other places AND charge EAA AND introduce user fees.

I don't mind paying for the things I use but please, charge me once based on what I use.

UH-OH!
Don't go there!
That's what the current administration has been proposing! User fees!
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

I think we've got a good segue into a religious discussion. Any takers? :roll:
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

I looked at Bruce's figures perceived on fuel savings when using a fuel computer . It didn't seem right so went back through all my log sheets before and after the introduction of the fuel computer . So with the fuel computer ,there was a trend that some months were heavier use of fuel for the same type of flight but it averaged out to be a saving of 1.2 gallons of fuel and in winter it jumped up to 1.4 gallons of fuel . However it has made me more conscious of engine operation and fuel conservation. PLUS my plugs are not fouling as much either. So that's a bonus too. However with the introduction of the fuel computer ,I also fitted EGT gauge and a CHT gauge all digital . They also play a impact on engine management. The other day when following a friend in his Auster at a great screaming 85 kts at 5000ft ,I was throttled back and was ticking over 2200 rpm. Fuel flow was just over 27 liters a hour . That's not breaking the bank .
sfarringer

Post by sfarringer »

Ryan Smith wrote:I think we've got a good segue into a religious discussion. Any takers? :roll:
NO
Ragwing S/N 18073