Back to Front

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

W.J.Langholz

Back to Front

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Don't know about you guys but when a get a magazine in the mail I always read it from back to front. No different when the most recent 170 news came awhile back. First I have to find out about the airplane pictures,read about the spherical washers......then the magazine just sat for awhile. Few days later made my way to the want ads.....always something there that I don't need ...but may come in handy "if I had one" type of thing.on to the Association minutes, had to check George's report and the happenings. Convention news, In Our Mail Box, then on to Jan's notes. Finally to our Fearless Leaders column ......OMG I feel so sorry for Bruce's airplane and it sitting out side in the snow..... SSSSOOOO here's the deal Bruce...... I have and empty spot in my hanger at Freedom Springs so next fall you fly your 170 down there and I park it inside and promise to give it routine exercise 8O 8O and then springtime you can come and get it again...... :D :D :D

Again to all who work so hard on the "News" ...Good Job and thanks for your dedication.

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Back to Front

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Thanks W, is the 55 gal drum of oil there now as well? Got to keep track of the remote supplies you know.

Thing is if the 7A was at Freedom Springs, Leroy and I wouldn't have to have the weekly conversation whether either of us are getting the plane out that week. Of course we could get together and wonder if W is getting it out. :?

Then of course and probably the hardest thing we'd have to overcome is this. Every time I tell you all how 7A has lived a hard life out side through thick and thin since it was at least a teenager, the story would have then to have as asterisk with the explanation, except when it was snug as a bug at Freedom Springs. And you can see how that might not work well.

On the bright side, it looks like we might be able to get 7A out tomorrow for a breakfast run. We'd predicted we wouldn't be able to do this till April but 4 days from now Leroy is trading in his 76 year old knee for a new shiny model and he doesn't know how long it will be to break in the new knee and get it in shape to push a rudder pedal. Since he's uncertain when the next time will be, the field doesn't look quite as bad as it might otherwise look.

As for reading magazines back to front, I do that a lot as well. You see I'm tend to fan through these things with my left thumb and fingers and that only works back to front. Maybe you've tripped on something here W. though I can't believe you don't fan through to the front knowing my words will be there. How many others do the same
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Magazines, newspapers, brochures, even a book; I always read the last page first. There is probably a much deeper root issue or sinister meaning behind this strange habit
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Willie,
I do the same thing starting at the back and working forward however when I do it I read the article from the beginning to the end. :D I wonder if this is our deep interest in finding out how a story comes out (or more likely our need for instant gratification).
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Bruce

The oil is still in Minnesota.....BUT, When I bought the place, John D's 170 was still there and I stored it until the guy that bought it came to get it. We had to take the wings off for transport and believe it or not there was some 100ll in the gas tanks .......so now I have a 55gal drum of old 100ll in it that I wrote "Bruce's Rat Plane Gas" on the side so I got you covered one way or another :lol: :lol:

Would like to see you again sometime....maybe when life slows down a bit for the both of us .......you are welcome at either place anytime :D

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

All right some ripe 100LL. (you know that stuff will burn fine in your lawn mower don't you)
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com