Paint schemes

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

I am at paint shop now. Flow down to Longview, Tx to Aerosmith Aviation to check on it. They had her all wrapped up very well. All stripped and no corrosion issues. The control surfaces were being removed. Looks like a good job so far. Seems they have washed the stripper very well. Couple more weeks and may be they will be done. I will let the group know what I think of their work.
Curtis
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Take pictures, write an article for The 170 News. :D
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

The mighty ragwing's doing just fine. Believe it or not, that jumpseat's been in for about 8 or 9 months & I still haven't had anybody ride in it yet! Maybe I need to trade down to a 2 seat 140.......not!

Eric
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

How many people have noticed that the original C-140 seat-back.....became the rear seat-back in a 170?
Just one more clue that the 170 grew out of the 140, and that Cessna made use of prior designs every chance they got.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

http://www.c170.com/gallery/view_album. ... m01&page=2

Here is a link to some "in process" photos of the 170. I hope to go get it on Thursday the 12th of Feb. The weather is the only thing I'm worried about. I will post pictures of it completed when I get some.

Kelly
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

I flew the 170 home from paint yesterday. I love it and I'm glad that it is back. I want to get it on skis for the weekend and go get some nice shots to post, but I hear the weather is going to turn ugly. I'll do my best to post pictures. I can't imagine getting a better job done for less that 10K and I paid $5,500 including new seals and SS hardware.
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

OK, the weather was bad this weekend so I didn't go out flying. But I did shoot some pictures of it sitting in the hangar with it's new colors. I wanted a highly visible scheme for flying in the backcountry and I feel I succeeded.

Kelly
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

I like your scheme. Looks like it will be very visible except for one thing. No one will be able to see those N numbers especially in a low pass. 8O
Last edited by Bruce Fenstermacher on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

The N-number thing was of course intentional, but the funny thing is...

...with a paint job like that do you think they will have a hard time finding me?
funseventy

Post by funseventy »

OK, finally there are some pictures of it in the air.

Kelly
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

Kelly,
She looks really nice. I know you must be happy. I should be getting out of the paint shop very soon.
Curtis
flyguy

TRIPPIN TOO TUPELO

Post by flyguy »

CURTIS, IF YOU NEED A "QUICK STOP FOR LUNCH" ON YOUR RETURN TO TUPELO FROM LONGVIEW, PLEASE STOP BY AND VISIT OLE GAR AND DEANA AT OUR TOLEDO BEND PARADISE. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PAINT JOB AND VISIT FOR A WHILE- - - OLE GAR

5LS9 (Formerly 5F9) ON THE HOUSTON SECTIONAL - AMMONS AIRPORT (ONLY ONE ON THE LOUISIANA SIDE OF TOLEDO BEND)
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

You know, I just may do that. I will certainly be in the mood to show it off. George told me you were close to the Longview-Tupelo line of flight. Are you on a private strip? What is the surface?
I'll keep you informed.
Curtis
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Curtis,
Longview is sure popular with the pilots at our airport in AR. Had a King Air and a 340 painted there in the last few months. The paint jobs are kinda the same! Stripes with a ribbon flowing over them. This might be the compromise my wife and I are looking for, her wanting ribbons and me wanting stripes. I know the perfect place for you to show that Paint Job off May 7th... Stay tuned! :wink:
flyguy

SHOWIN OFF

Post by flyguy »

CURTIS, THE GAY HORNIE BOOK UV AEROKNOTICAL INFORMATION IS SHOWIN UP HIS WAYWARD MINE AGIN. YOU JES HAF TA OVERLOOK SUM UV HIS CALLIKATIN AN FLY WHER YE HEDIN. WE ARE A PRIVATE AIRSTRIP AN THIS IS YOUR PERMISSION TU LAN AN REST AN REFRESS URESELF.

NOW I WILL TELL YOU STRATE- - YOU LEEVE KGGG AN GIT ON A HEDDIN OF 135 DEGREES TWARDS 5F9 (5LS9) FER 70NM AND YER JES ENTERIN OLE GARS AIRSPACE. THE RUNWAY IS SORTA PAVED AN SORTA GRASS. ITSA GOOD SURFACE. BES TU LAN NORTH IF POSSYBIL. YU COME IN OVER THE ARM OF THU LAKE AN SLIP ER IN. TOUCH DOWN AT THE SOUTH END AN WHEN YOU QWIT ROLLIN TURN ROUN AN GO BAK TU WHERE YU TOUCH DOWN AN LOOK TU THE RITE AN U WILL SEE OLE DELTA PARKED IN MY YARD.

ITS JUST BOUT 50NM MILES FARTHER TO COMIN BY HEYAR ON YER WAY TU KTUP BUT ITSA GONNA BE WORTH EVER FOOT CAUSE I WILL BRAG ON YER PLANE (AN RUB SOME NOSES IN INNA FACT THAT OLE GAR GOT'S TU BE THU FIRS TU GIT TU SEE IT), AN IFFN YOU WNAT TO SET A WHILE WE WILL PUT SUM GRUB ONNA TABLE AN AFTER WE CHOW AN YU WANNA R.O.N. WEEL PUT SUM BEDROLLS ONNA FLOOR AN WHEN YU FEEL LIKE CONTINUING ON YU'LL BE FED AN RESTED UP.

THAS BOUT THE BES I CAN DO.. :lol:
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!