Purchasing an air park home!!!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

rydfly

Purchasing an air park home!!!

Post by rydfly »

Our offer to purchase a home at the nearby Troy Skypark (37I) was just accepted the other night. Lots to do before we actually make the move (like selling our current home), but I am already excited beyond words at the awesome prospects ahead for our future to live with our airplane only a few feet away in the nearly 50X50 heated hangar out back rather than the 30 miles I currently commute just to see it.

Fortunately, we are purchasing it from our friends who are more than willing to work around our timeframe for selling, moving, etc. I'll post some pics whenever I have the opportunity for a few beauty shots.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1953 C170B - N170RP S/N 25865
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Purchasing an air park home!!!

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Good for you. I often wish my airplane was just out back.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Whoo-Hooo!

The wife should find it much more convenient to find out what you're actually up to! :lol:

Yep, living with the airplane/hangar only a few feet away is a privilege and joy not fully realized until you have it for yourself. I can no longer consider anything else.

Congratulations!

Now, ....which beer-fridge do you plan to install...??? :P
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
HA

Post by HA »

I pretty much live at work, so my hangar is just down the ramp a bit. I keep my camper in there too, so I guess you could consider it kind of like an airpark setup. :wink:
'56 "C170 and change"
'52 Packard 200
'68 Arctic Cat P12 Panther
"He's a menace to everything in the air. Yes, birds too." - Airplane
ptporebski

Post by ptporebski »

Good for you!,

I have lived in an airpark for 10 years now and it has made it easy to make good friends, especially for my wife. The wives have their monthly Ladies Book Club Nite which provides us husbands an excuse to have the Husband's Beer Drinking Nite. If we quit drinking beer before the Ladies quit wine tasting/ book discussion/ gossiping, then we go to someone's hanger to examine the latest project.

My wife likes knowing where I am at nite too! :D
The better is the enemy of the good.
1959 C-172
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Having your airplane 50 steps away from your back door is a God send. With me, that's also where I work. Sometimes, work just never goes away....At least Jan knows where I am... :D
rydfly

Post by rydfly »

I realize that it's been almost exactly 1 year since I started this post. Turns out, that's because it took that long to get everything squared away regarding the sale of our previous home, financing of the new one, physically moving all of our possessions twice (long story there).

...but we're finally here!

Any transient members are welcome to literally drop in and visit any time at our new location at Troy Skypark (37I), just north of Dayton, OH.

Here's a picture of the new place.
Attachments
We're calling it "AeroMoto"... trying to get that name to stick!
We're calling it "AeroMoto"... trying to get that name to stick!
4583C

Post by 4583C »

Gorgeous place! Congratulations! Now how far are you going to commute for work?
rydfly

Post by rydfly »

4583C wrote:Gorgeous place! Congratulations! Now how far are you going to commute for work?
It's only 2 miles further down the road from our previous home, so no significant change to my daily work commute. Can't get much luckier than that!
N8293A

Post by N8293A »

image.jpg
Katie and I also just moved into an airpark home two weeks ago. We are now enjoying life at C77 (Poplar Grove). Having the airplane in the backyard is the coolest thing ever!
Steve McGreevy
N8293A '53 C170B
rydfly

Post by rydfly »

Congrats to you too,N8293A! I'd like to see Poplar Grove some time.

-Kennet
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

rydfly wrote:...
Any transient members are welcome to literally drop in and visit any time.....
I hear there are a lot of transients still in Detroit. I've posted your invite in the local newspaper. :lol:

Seriously, ...CONGRATS! (mostly on having a partner who'll go along with such schemes. It's a real pleasure to live with your airplane AND your true-blue friend.)
RouletteGrass[1].JPG
:twisted:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Congratulations to both families! And one of the best things about living in an airpark (besides the obvious) is that most of the other residents probably have the same interests as you and will become friends, not to mention walking down the runway to visit when you see a neighbor's hangar door open.

For years our airpark had a pig roast every year at summer solstice. It was a great way to meet new residents and see old friends. It was actually a three day event, the prep and roasting of the pig all night, the feast, and the cleanup were all well attended. The roast pig, huge selection of sides and desserts, and beer and margaritas (chilled with glacier ice we flew out and harvested the day before) weren't bad either.

I'm sure you'll make some good memories to last a lifetime.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!