Clarity Aloft Custom Adapters

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

BobY04

Clarity Aloft Custom Adapters

Post by BobY04 »

Hey! I'm planning to buy a pair of custom clarity aloft adapters and found that Big Ear sells them. Have you tried any product from these guys?
ghostflyer

Re: Clarity Aloft Custom Adapters

Post by ghostflyer »

Not that exact brand but similar which would give similar issues. We found in our climate [high temperatures and high humidity] that these formed ear plugs caused ear infections and very uncomfortable to wear after a long time . Having the ear canal totally blocked by this device doesnt insulate the sound totally. Where ear muffs cover the back of the ear this stops a certain amount of sound being transmitted through out the ear canal structure . The best bang for buck was the sennheiser digital headset. Unfortunately they are not made any more . The DC range is the best all round headsets and for the price . [DC = David Clark ]

Will not start on the subject of BOSE headsets . A rip-off.
cessna170bdriver

Re: Clarity Aloft Custom Adapters

Post by cessna170bdriver »

I’ve never worn them myself, but many of the guys on vansairforce.net use in-ear headsets and seem to like them. There are some that use EAR brand ear plugs, put them in the freezer, then drill an appropriate sized hole to adapt them to the headset. Way cheaper than the purpose-made ones.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne