Wanted: AmeriKing Remote Control Panel

Where TIC170A members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.

Moderators: gahorn, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
Guests and forum participants are welcome to view posts in this area but one must be TIC170A member to post an ad here - -Why Join the TIC170A - - How to Join the TIC170A

Wanted: AmeriKing Remote Control Panel

Postby gahorn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm

The Ameri-King standard AK451 (121.5/243) ELTs are being removed by owners and replaced by other makers...(some because of the AD note, others for better reasons.) I need a "donated" remote control panel unit... This is the small instrument-panel mounted remote switch to activate the AK451 ELT. If available, I'd also like to have the complete set-up for a personal project I'm working on.
Please contact me via PM if you are willing/able: Thanks.

PM link>>> ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=6
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gahorn

Re: Wanted: AmeriKing Remote Control Panel

Postby cessna170bdriver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm

What’s your timeline George? I can’t remember if my 121.5 ELT was AmeriKing or ACK, but the installer never put the remote panel in, and I think I still have it around somewhere, but it may take me a while to find it. If/when I do, it’s yours.
Miles
cessna170bdriver

Re: Wanted: AmeriKing Remote Control Panel

Postby gahorn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks, Miles. I have the ACK unit for a 406...but it will not talk to an AmeriKing...and there's not sufficient documentation in the manuals to discern the difference. (One difference is the remote unit (RCPI) for AmeriKing uses a 3V battery while the ACK unit uses an identically-sized...but a 6V battery. The ACK unit immediately causes a malfunction of an AmeriKing unit....and I actually wonder if that isn't the problem with many of the units that have been condemned because the RCPI units are physically identical and not easily diffentiated.
Another difference is the AmeriKing units are parallel wired to their RCPis...but the identical-looking ACK units are cross-wired...but they both do so using common phone hookup cable. I am almost certain that some condemned units are so because of a mis-match and that's one of the things I'm investigating.
Go figure.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gahorn

Return to The TradeMart