Bartone Crossbar Tubing

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Sask170b

Bartone Crossbar Tubing

Post by Sask170b »

Good Afternoon, Well I have found some time over the next weeks to install the Bartone Pipe Set. The Pipes look great, and I would like to use the 304 Stainless Steel tubing crosspiece from which to hang the pipes. I have a question for anyone who has used this method. Aircraft spruce offers 304 SS Tubing Seamless OD 3/8 " inch in two wall thicknesses. The options are .035 " (Seamless) and .028 " (Welded) which one has anyone used? and any issues? The diagram provided with the pipes and this hanging option didn't specify a tubing wall measurement,..I don't think I missed it. Apologies for posting this similar post more then once (also in TradeMart under Bartone) just looking for feedback from someone using the specific application, or from the knowledge base of the members. Thanks for the info. Mike
Attachments
Bartone Tube Crossbar Hangar.jpg
daedaluscan

Re: Bartone Crossbar Tubing

Post by daedaluscan »

I used regular 4130, off hand I think 1/2" 065 wall. Heated and flattened the ends to drill a hole for an adel clamp. Painted. Has held up fine for the past 350 hours or so. Each pipe hangs from another two adel clamps with a short length of rubber belting (mining town I live in) to a marine stainless exhaust clamp.
Charlie

1956 170B C-GDRG #27019