Instrument Bezels

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Mapleflt

Instrument Bezels

Post by Mapleflt »

Does anyone have a source for original instrument bezels or a bunch squirreled away they might be interested in parting with for the right amount of incentive
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Instrument Bezels

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Ah the illusive instrument bezel. Often sought after, only found when you've given up or pocket book empty.

One of these days I'll follow through and figure out how to make these darn things. And only then will a large NOS cash of them surface and flood the market.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
170C

Re: Instrument Bezels

Post by 170C »

Somewhat related, not specifically--remember about 10 yrs ago when Wag Aero offered a device that could be attached to your instrument panel where an instrument was located (oil pressure, oil temp, etc) then you mounted the instrument to this "device" and it canted the instrument toward the pilot? I've often thought I wished I had gotten several of those because looking at egt, cyl hd temp, etc over on the far right side of my panel is somewhat difficult, especially with the sometimes (most) glare on the instrument glass. Checked with Wag recently only to find out they don't carry them any longer and don't know who the supplier was.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018